•      Tue Dec 6 2022
Logo

Gaur Fire: Three children died with serious burn



fire demo
Fire image

Gaur: On Wednesday night, three children were burnt to death when a fire broke out in the Islam Cloth shop at Mai Sthan Chowk in Gaur, the district headquarter of Rautahat. Three people were injured due to burns.

According to Rautahat District Police, 5-year-old girl Sabina Khatun, 9-year-old girl Ruksana Khatun and 7-year-old boy Imran Mansoori of local Islam Mian died. All three children were rushed to local hospital for treatment, but died on the way.

Islam’s nephew Muhammad Israel Mansuri, Muhammad Imran and Naseema Khatun were injured in the fire. While running to save the lives of children, they all injured. The injured are being treated at Gaur Hospital. It is estimated that the cotton stored in the house next to the shop caused an electrical short and caught fire.

District Police Chief SP Bir Bahadur Budha Magar said that the incident is being investigated. “It is not possible to say exactly from whose house the fire started,” he said, “We are trying to find out.” Sixten family members were sleeping in Islam’s house when the fire broke out. The victims say that they could not save the children after the sudden fire. Nepal Police, Armed Police Force, Nepali Army and locals doused the fire.

The fire has also damaged the motorcycle garage that is next to the clothing store. About one and a half dozen motorcycles kept in the garage for repair were damaged by fire. Mayor Shambhu Sah has said that he will help the victims with blankets, shelter, medication and other management. The body of the children has been kept in Gaur Hospital.