•      Thu Sep 28 2023

Mother, daughter died after consuming wild mushrooms

Dang, Aug 18: A mother and daughter have died after consuming wild poisonous mushrooms in Dang. According to police, 27-year-old Ishwari Sunar and her 11-year-old daughter, who fell seriously ill after eating wild mushrooms, died during treatment.

Firstly, both of them were admitted at the Rapti Health Science Institute Ghorahi on Friday. They were the resident of Makuti village of Bangalchuli Rural Municipality-4.

However, daughter Asmita Sunar died on Wednesday during treatment at Lumbini Regional Hospital, Butwal.

On Srawan 29, three people from the same family fell ill after eating mushrooms brought from the local forest. The husband of the deceased, Ajay Sunar, is being treated at the Rapti Institute of Health Sciences, Ghorahi.