•      Wed Dec 7 2022
Logo

Smart lamps installed along Koteshwor-Suryabinayak road section



Smart street lamps have been installed along the Koteshwor-Suryabinayak road section in Bhaktapur. The electrification was carried out by the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) as per its goal of an illuminated town.

The lamps of 120 watt capacity have been fixed on median strips/ traffic islands and the NEA undertook this under its Social Responsibility rule.

The installation of around 450 lamps has made the route illuminated. The three local governments: the Kathmandu metropolis, the Madhyapur Thimi Municipality and the Bhaktapur Municipality – are bound to pay the electricity tariff of power to be consumed in their respective areas.

NEA managing director Kulman Ghising said the installation of smart lamps aims to make night travel safe and enhance the urban beauty.
In case of some localities, the respective local government contributes 60 percent and the remaining 40 percent is borne by the NEA to place smart lamps.RSS