•      Thu Oct 6 2022
Logo

Five hospitalised after consuming wild mushroom



Bhadrapur, Sept 19:  Five people were taken ill after consuming poisonous wild mushroom in Jhapa.

Meena Sarki, 50, of Kamal rural municipality-5 and her two sons–Ramesh Sarki, 29 and Kumar Sarki, 25,–who ate curry made of mushroom they collected from a jungle on Wednesday afternoon have been hospitalised, police said.

Their neighbours Durga Jimi Rai, 71 and his spouse Mana Kumari Rai, 58, were also taken ill after consuming mushroom from offered by the Sarki family. All the five were rushed to the Damak-based Amda Hospital and later referred to the Dharan-based BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences.