•      Sun Jul 21 2024
Logo

Govt to provide Rs 1 million each to families of Balkumari victims



Kathmandu, Dec 30: The government has decided to provide one million rupees in compensation to each family of two youths killed in Balkumari incident on Friday.

An emergency Cabinet meeting held at the official residence of the Prime Minister at Baluwatar today took the decision in this regard, shared Minister for Communications and Information Technology, Rekha Sharma.

Sujan Raut of Dailekh and Birendra Shah of Accham district were killed in a clash with police personnel at Balkumari, Lalitpur. The government paid tribute to the deceased and extended condolences towards the bereaved family members, said Minister Sharma, who is also the Spokesperson of the government.

Similarly, the government would make arrangement of free treatment to those injured in the incident. The meeting took the decision that the Finance Ministry would provide necessary budget to Home Ministry for the treatment of injured ones. The government has urged everyone to maintain peace and order, she said.

Stating that the Ministry of Home Affairs had already formed a committee yesterday to prove the incident, the Minister said that the Committee would furnish suggestions so that such untoward incidents would not repeat.

On a different note, Minister Sharma said that the PM had already expressed his commitment to bring important acts such as Federal Civil Service Act and Federal Police Act among others related to implementation of the federalism.


Discover more from Enewspolar

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading