Kathmandu, Oct 21: Seven different companies have applied for the construction of three electricity substations with the assistance from Millennium Challenge Corporation grant aid.
In the details released by MCA Nepal, tenders have been opened for Package 1: 400 KV Ratmate Substation, Package 2: 400 KV New Butwal Substation and Package 3: 400 KV New Damauli Substation.
In the bid opened in the presence of the representative of the applicant company, only the technical aspect has been disclosed, and the financial proposal will be opened after their technical examination.
MCA Nepal had canceled the tender earlier after claiming an excessive amount in the bid due to which there is doubt that the project will be completed within the stipulated time frame.
Most of the companies participating in the last bid are from India.
According to MCA Nepal, the bidders are as follows:
1. Techno Electric & Engineering Company – India
2. Linxon India Pvt Ltd – India
3. Betas & ZNCC Joint Venture – Turkey & Afghanistan
4. Tata Projects Ltd – India
5. National Contracting Company Ltd – Saudi Arabia
6. Siemens Ltd., India – India
7. KEC International Ltd – India